ALR DOC SAFETY HANDBOOK UPDATE
Just a short note to all members about MAKING changes to our Safety Handbook. In the next couple of months, the Safety Committee will be meeting (phone call) to look for any corrections, additions or mistakes in the Safety Handbook.
One area we will be addressing the location of the 3-wheel motorcycles within the group and I am sure there are other areas you might want to expand on. If you are interested in being a fly on the wall, a member or just providing input to the committee please let me know so I can keep you in the loop once we get started. Area 6 is still looking for a Safety Representative, so if you are from that Area and want to be part of our committee, contact me or your VP to fill it.
I encourage all members to download the Safety Handbook and read each line...…mark any change(s) you think should be made. Shoot me an email email@example.com and I will compile a list which will be sent to the different area safety representatives. The Committee will then meet and determine which changes are need to be made and present to the ALR DEC for approval. This will take a couple of months, but you need to start reading now.
Ride Safe my friends until we meet again.
Safety Officer ALR DOC
8:30 am to 1:00 pm
I am requesting your support for a flag line at the funeral of a long time friend and fellow combat Veteran who was killed while riding his motorcycle on April 7th during Arizona Bike week. I need as much participation as possible. The ride plan is as follows:
Meet : April 29 @ 0830 am Post 328, 3888 Old Hammer Rd. Norco, Ca 92860
Arrive: 1000 @ Forest Lawn cemetery 3888 Workman Mill Rd. Whittier, Ca 90601
The 2019 ALR DoC Convention
has moved to Hollister, CA.
May 3, 4 & 5
As we get closer to the end of the year and yes it is only 125 days before Christmas. I know let’s get through Labor Day 1st. However, it is important the everyone especially Chapter President’s and Secretaries keep track and on top of 2018/19 chapter/district deadlines.
Our State Secretary put these out and I think it’s important enough that we put it on the web site as well. So here you go, can’t say you didn’t see the email or it was deleted.
- December 31, 2018 – online roster membership updated by POCs. The number of members on the roster on December 31 determines the chapter per capita of $10 per member. Ex. 12 members = $120.00. NO PAPER ROSTERS will be accepted. The ALRDOC State Secretary will printout your on0line roster on December 31, 2018. The Chapter roster will be frozen on February 1, 2019 UNTIL AFTER CONVENTION. If there are any updates to your roster needed between February 1 and convention, a POC can email the Secretary and the roster will be updated.
- December 31, 2018 – Chapter per capita is due to the ALRDOC Treasurer.
- Prior to April 17, 2019– Delegates and Alternates are to be elected by chapters.
- April 17, 2019 – Delegate fees of $10 per delegate are to be sent into the ALRDOC Treasurer. Delegate fees MUST be paid even if no delegates will be attending convention. EX. 3 delegates = $30.00
- April 22, 2019 – Delegates and Alternates list is to be Emailed to the Secretary by the Chapter President or Secretary only. NO PAPER DELEGATE CERTIFICATIONS.
As you can see we have some work to do and import tasks at hand. Don’t wait until the dead-line date or morning after, we’ve all had plenty of notice mark your calendars if you haven’t already and let’s make this year a productive one.
Thank you for your time and dedication,
State Vice President
Like us on Facebook
Be one of the 626+ people receiving notifications from the "American Legion Riders Department of California" website.
Subscribe to our mailing list.