ALR DOC SAFETY HANDBOOK UPDATE
Just a short note to all members about MAKING changes to our Safety Handbook. In the next couple of months, the Safety Committee will be meeting (phone call) to look for any corrections, additions or mistakes in the Safety Handbook.
One area we will be addressing the location of the 3-wheel motorcycles within the group and I am sure there are other areas you might want to expand on. If you are interested in being a fly on the wall, a member or just providing input to the committee please let me know so I can keep you in the loop once we get started. Area 6 is still looking for a Safety Representative, so if you are from that Area and want to be part of our committee, contact me or your VP to fill it.
I encourage all members to download the Safety Handbook and read each line...…mark any change(s) you think should be made. Shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will compile a list which will be sent to the different area safety representatives. The Committee will then meet and determine which changes are need to be made and present to the ALR DEC for approval. This will take a couple of months, but you need to start reading now.
Ride Safe my friends until we meet again.
Safety Officer ALR DOC
As we get closer to the end of the year and yes it is only 125 days before Christmas. I know let’s get through Labor Day 1st. However, it is important the everyone especially Chapter President’s and Secretaries keep track and on top of 2018/19 chapter/district deadlines.
Our State Secretary put these out and I think it’s important enough that we put it on the web site as well. So here you go, can’t say you didn’t see the email or it was deleted.
- December 31, 2018 – online roster membership updated by POCs. The number of members on the roster on December 31 determines the chapter per capita of $10 per member. Ex. 12 members = $120.00. NO PAPER ROSTERS will be accepted. The ALRDOC State Secretary will printout your on0line roster on December 31, 2018. The Chapter roster will be frozen on February 1, 2019 UNTIL AFTER CONVENTION. If there are any updates to your roster needed between February 1 and convention, a POC can email the Secretary and the roster will be updated.
- December 31, 2018 – Chapter per capita is due to the ALRDOC Treasurer.
- Prior to April 17, 2019– Delegates and Alternates are to be elected by chapters.
- April 17, 2019 – Delegate fees of $10 per delegate are to be sent into the ALRDOC Treasurer. Delegate fees MUST be paid even if no delegates will be attending convention. EX. 3 delegates = $30.00
- April 22, 2019 – Delegates and Alternates list is to be Emailed to the Secretary by the Chapter President or Secretary only. NO PAPER DELEGATE CERTIFICATIONS.
As you can see we have some work to do and import tasks at hand. Don’t wait until the dead-line date or morning after, we’ve all had plenty of notice mark your calendars if you haven’t already and let’s make this year a productive one.
Thank you for your time and dedication,
State Vice President
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
American Legion Chapter 365, Vista, Ca is having its 6th Annual Darryl Malone Poker Run on Saturday, March 2nd 2019 starting with registration at 0830-1000. The event is open to all ALR Chapters, Motorcycle Clubs, Bikers and Cages are also welcome. We have all new twisting route and stops, once your back from enjoying your ride we have lunch at 1300. We will end the day with Music and Raffles which includes a one of a kind custom Glock pistol. We wish to invite all, hope to see you there.
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Huevos Rancheros or Eggs cooked to order
Like us on Facebook
Be one of the 616+ people receiving notifications from the "American Legion Riders Department of California" website.
Subscribe to our mailing list.